Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new norm. We’ve got 12 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we’re looking for Product Analyst interns to join us on our mission.
At Wise you’ll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you’ll build great products for our customers by contributing with data-driven analysis and insights.
How you’ll contribute to our team of product analysts:
- You’ll help us take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- You’ll carry out data analyses using various statistical methods and tools to helps us prioritise the most significant changes in the product
- You’ll collaborate with other Analysts, Product Managers, Engineers and Designers in the team to build the best products for our customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So, instead of being told what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different — so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Truly contribute to our product through your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take? These things are a must:
- Experience in using SQL
- You’re eligible to work in London without sponsorship
- You’re a penultimate year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, STEM or Economics/Business/Finance
- You’re able to start an internship in September 2022 that will last at least 6 months and end in March 2023
- You’ve got knowledge of analytics fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, data analysis and statistics
- You have a basic grasp of using visualization tools, for example Tableau or Looker
- You have relevant project(s) from previous work experience or university studies that you are proud to talk about
- Empathetic and structured communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You’re curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You’re open to and value feedback in order to improve
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in using Python or R
- Previous internship experience in fintech/tech
- You understand the fundamentals of A/B testing
…But don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
During your 6 Month Placement:
- You’ll onboard and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how product analytics works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From core teams to regional teams — there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
- Understand how we get things done — from idea to analysis to execution
- Work on 4-5 Analytical projects with your product team and use them to propose your own ideas in Planning to take your product further
What you get back:
- 🚀 Experience working in one of the fastest growing European FinTechs
- 🏃♀️ Being a part of a fun team with a mission
- 📈 Drive ideas with data to solve real customer problems
- 🙌Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of life in our London office!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
To apply for this job please visit www.wise.jobs.