About this programme
Join the software engineering team at the forefront of developing great quality software. Learn agile techniques. Produce clean, testable and documented code. Take a proactive role in helping the team choose the best solutions and technologies for the task at hand. Make an impact by producing test coverage and ensuring software is delivered to the highest standard. Find out how we provide the environments our developers use to create our software products.
Nothing happens on-screen without the talented people behind the scenes, working their magic every day at Sky. Join us for an internship in our software engineering team and you’ll be working in a fun, fast-moving environment. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position once you graduate – starting summer 2025.
What you’ll be doing
- Refine your coding skills, whether you’re a newbie or you’ve dabbled for a while
- Help us build a new product or app.
- Create, maintain and improve automated test scripts
- Ensure deployed products remain available and diagnose issues when they occur
- Get involved in scaling applications and products when popularity increases or where user demands peak expectations.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any subject, and in your penultimate year.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Be familiar with a modern-day programming language
- Passionate about software and technology
- A quick learner and team player
- Analytical and enjoy using logic to solve problems.
To apply for this job please visit earlycareers.sky.com.