Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Job Description and Responsibilities
As the world’s largest retail electronic payments network Visa customers trust us with ensuring that they can pay with security and confidence everywhere they want to be.
Software Engineers at Visa look after the systems that form the core of the largest global payments network, allowing consumers and merchants to connect with financial institutions and provide a seamless payment experience. Our mission is to create the next generation of these core systems using the latest technologies to ensure we can maintain this trust going forward and ensure that Visa is ready for the challenges of the future.
When joining our team as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to be at the centre of innovation in the payments industry and drive forward the implementation of the future of Visa.
Software Engineering graduates may work across development, test and support on cool things like:
- Implementation of a single development lifecycle, from Analysis & Design, Build and QA to Security and Deployment.
- Support the needs of a new application using technologies like Go, Java, REST Services, Micro Services Databases SQL & NoSQL, Docker, Hadoop, Bitbucket, Unix and Shell Scripting and more.
- Develop tools to improve processes.
Visa are a talented team of over 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies – dreamers, disruptors, creatives, and trailblazers – who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Successful candidates will demonstrate that they:
· Are due to graduate in 2022, or recently graduated from, a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics/ Electrical Engineering or a related STEM/technical discipline and ready to start work in the autumn 2022.
· Work using good communication skills, able to contribute to team discussions effectively.
· Have a passion for Software Engineering involving experience with at least one object-oriented language in an academic, personal, or professional context.
· Possess a positive attitude, friendly to others, encouraging of co-operation, honesty, and respectfulness in the workplace.
· Are willing to develop payments industry knowledge and understanding to enhance solution quality.
· Default to a collaborative mindset, with an ability to empathise with colleagues and establish relationships.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.