About this programme
Technology is the motor that drives us, so get right to the heart of who we are. Work with cutting-edge technology and get inspiration from experts. Join our technology team and get an in-depth insight into life as a technical analyst or product owner, explore new technologies that let us achieve brilliant things.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in teams that play a critical part in developing and maintaining technology used by millions of customers, as well as the systems used here at Sky.
Your internship could take place in one of the following areas:
- NOW: which lets customers watch TV on their own terms. Join their innovative tech teams and work on the next iteration of this ground-breaking service.
- Technology: From information security to streaming. From content discovery to emerging tech. Our tech teams are at the heart of our business. Driving innovation. Creating exciting new products. Developing the services that our customers love.
- Group Product: Digital innovation is what this team is all about. Whether they’re creating voice search or launching Netflix on Sky Q, they keep finding ways to improve the experience of millions of Sky customers.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work with cutting-edge tech, get inspired by experts and get to learn which tech roles you might be interested in – experiencing owning the vision of a new offering as a Product Owner and analysing business requirements on technology systems as a Tech Analyst.
As a product owner you’ll be the interface between the stakeholders and development team and be responsible for the vision of the product. You’ll be involved in developing product backlog, prioritising requirements and ensuring the development team works towards meeting the requirements.
As a technical analyst you’ll be responsible for developing tasks for the developer to build based on the requirements of the backlog. You’ll provide guidance on how a requirement will impact a project or the systems the projects depend on.
Nothing happens on-screen without the talented people behind the scenes, working their magic every day at Sky. Join us for an internship and you’ll be working in a fun, fast-moving environment. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position once you graduate – starting summer 2025.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any subject, and in your penultimate year.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Be passionate about technology
- Enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technology developments.
To apply for this job please visit earlycareers.sky.com.